ASSOCIATE OUTREACH PROGRAMS: EXEMPLIFYING THE HEART OF OXFORD'S CULTURE
Humanity is a word that isn’t often associated with modern-day financial service delivery—but it’s an apropos choice when characterizing the culture of Oxford. The beating heart of our firm isn’t simply evidenced by the familial nature of our client relationships but also in the caring spirit we bring to our broader universe. One of the ways we exemplify this spirit is through our associate outreach programs:
Brixton Borough is centered on diversity, equity and inclusion, focusing on ways to make educating associates on these important topics more interactive while providing information and insights on how we can get involved in the greater community. Initiatives spearheaded by the group over the past year included:
- Recognition efforts around Pride Month and Women’s Equality Day.
- Guest speakers who discuss critical issues like unconscious bias and racial diversity.
- Collecting school supplies for children of single mothers and other marginalized students.
Oxford’s Giving Committee provides a philanthropic outlet for Oxford and its associates. Examples of outreach efforts include:
- Collecting monetary donations and packing food for the Million Meal Movement to feed the hungry.
- Supporting children in foster care and families of hospitalized children during the holidays.
The C.A.R.E. Crew provides caring, appreciation, recognition and encouragement to each associate at Oxford. The C.A.R.E. Crew helps associates find the fun in every workday and sponsors activities and outings to encourage relationship building and to support a positive firm culture.
These programs are an important part of who Oxford is and who we aspire to be as an organization. Future plans include the extension of our outreach programs to our new brick-and-mortar offices in Atlanta and Palm Beach.